Tuesday, May 19, 2009

DEMON FRIEND

I want to tell you about a friend of mine that I wished I didn't know.
He comes inside and goes for a ride when I'm drunk and feeling low.
I've given all I can to him, surrendered everything.
but he makes me mean and vicious and hides me from my heart.

It scares me when he comes to call, but he is interesting it is true.
He's strong and bold and loud and tough, clever and bizarre.
While, I'm weak and soft and shy myself, I consider him a star.

I don't know why he loves me so, I've given him my life.
Now he wants to hurt my son and take away my wife!

I'll send him out a shaken and leave him on his own.
He can't come back to visit me if he is ruining my home.

I know that I might miss him, just occasionally, but when I do
remember, he's a no good friend for either me and you.

Folks say he looks a lot like me but his face is strained and gray.
Maybe some of his act I like. and maybe some is good.
He's funny as a ginny bird and clever as a fox
Maybe I can do some of those things without losing all I've got.

I've gone too long with this wicked song--- this dance with my demon friend
So I'll say so long and dance along

goodbye my demon friend

No comments: