Monday, August 25, 2008

It's the stupid economy

Barrack Obama has mentioned to me many times on the TV that he is after change. I find this very comforting after having endured so many years of George W Bush trying to get at my folding money.

I heard that George Bush had spent as much as Bill Clinton by the time we hit April in the forth year of his term. So we went on spending like a drunken sailors on the federal government for another 8 months.

Now, I liked the idea that Bush kept up with Reagan's tax cuts. He just didn't help cut the overhead and therefore spent too much.

I read Obama's new tax plan which might even be better Reaganomics than Reagan. Hope the Democrats don't find out. He promises to lower taxes even more on the major amount of working people but raises the levels on guys making the work happen above $250,000 per year.

Before in Reagan's and Bush's plan there is an explicable 1 1/2% additional drop based on the old Clinton plan at the $209,000 level for the guys who make the work available.
So, I guess those guys end up paying 3 1/2% more than they did in the last administration.
That is $8750.00 sent off to feed the federal government more than they would have in the past.

I have a friend that makes that kind of money and once in a while he hires me for about three times that amount of money to build another building somewhere. I hire somewhere around 70 different people who get to make a little money off his building projects.
I sure hope he still is in the mood to do it again even though he has to pay some guy in the federal government a third of the money I normally get .

I wonder if the federal government will try to get into the building business? McCain said the other day he wanted to spend 80 million bucks to buy back those bad sub prime loans that the bankers made here a while ago. I guess they are going into the building business and they are going to need that money I usually get.

I am really scared of everything getting bigger and more difficult to manage.
Yet my countryman keep voting like drunken voters to make it so.

I realize now that I am alone.---------On myself I have relied.

So here I stand on my own.------------------------- If I fail I tried.

Be sure to load up with a box of General Chow this weekend for your Labor day trip. Our very fine sponsor assures us there is at least a gross of General Chow in the greater Portland area. Remember General Chowpairs well with white or red wine as it is both gelatinous and crunchy.







No comments: