Sunday, August 17, 2008

THE ENERGY CRISIS AND THE WAY I SOLVED IT

The other day Barrack Obama suggested we all check our tire gauges for proper pounds per square inch inside our tires. Incorrect pressure could waste gas and lead us all to ruin.

John McCain suggested we do a lot more than that! He thought, a little while back, that the government should quit taxing gas at the pump for the summer and save us a couple of bucks; maybe $75 if you have driving habits like mine.

I think we are all "left" thinking "right".

On the weekends I pump my tires up to at least 110 pounds per square inch to get that cat screeching scream around corners to impress the young folks. Then during the week I lower the pressure to around 40 pounds per square inch to assure soft luxury ride and increase traction when I drive on sand.

Now, I have noticed I hardly ever get gas on the weekends so that must work, and when pumping my tank full during the week I feel so proud to be a successful American that I enjoy paying the $75. to the government to help the poor unfortunate ones stay in their place and just depend on the government for their next meal. Saving gas money with self respect.
I wish I could vote them both in for the rest of my life.

"Just get it over with" vote McCain / Obama for the rest of your life.

Last week my hired officials in the "HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES" voted to take some money away from the people who had invested in Exxon oil. Apparently they had made 7 1/2% on revenue last quarter and since they thought they had helped them so much with taxes and all and they had so much fun with that Valdez court decision they thought they would vote to take some money to keep some other class of people on the string somewhere where they don't have gas money .

They did not ask me if it was OK they just did it.
The Senate did not think it was OK to just take money from people even if they do have some pretty big guns to do it with.
Big government and big public business do collude so much it kind of seems like everybody's money anyway.
In the end the people in the Senate thought about what might happen if someday someone may vote to take their money away from them.

I have thought about it. I think about it a lot!

For me I do not think it was OK for the Exxon ship to kill an entire way of life and then not pay out some money to help make it right even after the court told them they had to.
I don't think it is OK to take the money from people that are supposed to be paid dividends for retirement and such before or after they paid the people of Valdez who were owed it first.
I checked and I have stock in my mutual funds that includes Exxon I want the money I have coming for my efforts after I pay my share to the people of Valdez!
NO I DON'T THINK IT WAS OKAY shame on the guys in the House of Representatives!

Lets think real seriously about taking away their money this election!

When I was at Edwards Building Supply we were always trying for 15% on the money we went through each quarter. I am sure glad we never got successful at that.

Of course I suppose I would have gotten famous by being on TV telling everyone we want big government regulating our every move including taking our money away from us from time to time if they promised to use it to give little gift packets to people standing in line waiting for what is "left".
I could have started a little company manufacturing the packets in China and made a million for me and all the kids who worked for me in the summer while waiting for law school to resume in the fall.


Thank you for reading this little Blog missive and remember to support our sponsor "GENERAL CHOW"
Be sure to pick up a pallet of this very fine product for your next camping foray. It can be used as fire starter, camp meat, and chum bait for those Kokanne. This stuff is way cheaper than creamed corn now that all the liberals are burning it in their four wheel drive SUV's heading out to the Mall for "GREEN" T SHIRTS

No comments: